Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stopping by for an update

Thank you to those who are following my new blog! I know it's not all that interesting. It's more just me rambling on about writing, but you probably like that stuff and that's why you're following along. Yay!

I shouldn't say that I have completely given up on my second manuscript, but I've completely given up on my second manuscript. Here's why:

1. It's not that it isn't completed, because it is, but just like the first one...I lost interest.

2. I haven't been getting any tugs on the queries which means I should go back and fix it up, which leaves number 3.

3. I don't have the time or motivation to work on it because I have been so absorbed in my newest ms.

I don't know what it is about this one that I find much more interesting, besides the characters and plot. I feel like my writing skills have become significantly better with each ms and this one is by far my favorite. I can actually read it without boring myself (let's face it...If I'm bored, the reader's bored) and I get super excited about showing it to a friend and not embarrassed because I feel it's actually pretty decent.

Now, let me just say, I'm not patting myself on the back or anything {maybe I am a bit} but it's a HUGE deal for me if I'm actually proud of something I have written and go as far as to ask people to read it for me. I am my worst critic and I know when something I write is so-so. What's even better is when I get mostly positive feedback with a few suggestions and/or corrections.

I reached 31k yesterday, and my goal is to reach 40k by the end of the week. Whew! So much work ahead of me. That's pretty much it. I hope you are all having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.