Thursday, January 12, 2012

What a day!

The minute I woke up this morning all I could think about was my new ms. I was literally *face palming* trying to come up with a new and fresh plot. I was beginning to get extremely irritated that I couldn't figure it out. I wasn't entirely sure where I wanted to take this character, but luckily a friend on Twitter was a life saver and allowed me access into her brilliant, creative mind. I had the idea of a MC and knew how I wanted to portray her. Considering I only gave my friend very little information about the idea (because I know at times published authors prefer not to read unpublished work for legal reasons) she was extremely helpful. It opened my eyes to the different directions I could take. After giving her suggestions plenty of thought I FINALLY came up with something I am pretty excited about!

Of course, there are still some kinks to work out, but I do better when I jump into it and fill things in along the way. I've been working on it for twelve hours straight and I haven't even hit 10k yet. Oof.

Still no word on my query letters today. I'll keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.