Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Process

As of now, I am finishing up on my critiques and getting everything ready for the query process. I'm taking it slow this time around, as I've been known to rush this process in the past, and being that this is THE most important process, rushing it is no good. I've sent my query in for critiquing and when I receive the last few pages from my CP, I will get started.

I'm extremely excited and very nervous. This manuscript means a great deal to me and deep down I feel like this story could be "the one." Before I query, I do intend to send it out to Beta readers to make sure it is up to par. I'm lucky to have a reader who is an awesome teenager who gives amazing feedback. Best way to test your YA ms is to test it on the age bracket you're writing it for, right?

That's what I've been up to. If you haven't checked out the excerpt of DROWNING BAILEY, you can find it in the projects section. Please leave feedback! I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.