Monday, October 22, 2012

Spooky Books for a Spooky Month

I've been M.I.A. on the blog lately. If you don't follow me on Twitter, which I believe most of you do, you might have missed some big news. Two weeks ago I announced that I am officially represented by Michelle Witte from Mansion Street Literary. This is HUGE news and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Mansion Street Team. I haven't decided whether I'm going to post an agent story or not, but believe me when I say that I knew it would be Michelle all along.

I also celebrated my birthday on the tenth, so I guess you can say that October has been pretty awesome. And to celebrate this month, because it's my ultimate favorite, I've been sticking with some pretty spooky and creeptastic books.

If you haven't checked out The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, then you are seriously missing out. Maggie's writing is hauntingly beautiful, telling the story of four boys and one girl on the search for spiritual energy that will lead them to the source of an ancient legend. Each character has intriguing backstory, and as their worlds collide, more and more secrets are revealed. I couldn't put this book down.

I have yet to finish my next book, but I have to share it because it fits right along with the theme.
The Diviners by Libba Bray is the first book I've ever read by her, and it's a wonderful story with a curious mystery I'm anxious to find the answer to. The concept is intriguing and the killer is one who will definitely give you chills.

Are you celebrating October with a creeptastic YA? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.